Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November Birthdays

The month of November is coming to a close. Here at Eden that means it's time to pull out the gift wrap, tape, and cake mix. At the end of the month we take a morning to celebrate all the orphans birthdays to let them know they are not forgotten and that they are indeed loved. I spent today pouring over tubs containing sponsor gifts. It made me feel a bit like Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. I enjoyed picking out each gift and outfit. The hardest part was children whose tubs were empty, no gifts. It reminded me of all the children Eden has helped over the years and it made me glad to be a part of it.  How many children or workers lives would be empty without God's gift of Christ which Eden and it's staff have shared the good news of. The gift of love and relationship is the true reason for our toil. I pray that we here in Zimbabwe, and you, my friends in America never forget that that gift should drive every step of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment