Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Raindrops

Well, the rainy season will be here soon. Last night we had raindrops. Nothing much but enough to cool the hot dry air. The clouds have also started to roll in making all of us begin to look toward the sky. Soon enough planting season will be upon us and a whole new set of chores.

Now about my friends. I have had a wonderful time renewing old friendships many of which were rediscovered when I went over to visit the teen girl house. I spent the evening learning Shona, singing, studying the Bible, eating sadza, and sharing stories. It's been great. The girls want me to teach them football (soccer) in exchange for them teaching me netball. I am very ready to learn the new game. I also had the chance to run into a couple of the guys I had met. Peter, one of the guys, was only 12 when I was here before and now he is in high school and very much growing up. It's strange to revisit this place and see the changes 4 and a half years makes. I look forward to making the most of the coming years and seeing the changes in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment